3. The Gaia Guide is a business that operates its website with a view to making a profit from Material. We collect User information for that purpose and in doing so we comply with the Unified Privacy Principles under Australian law.
5. The Gaia Guide may collect personal identification and other information from and concerning Users in various ways including when Users visit this website, register on the site, place an order for a Voucher, subscribe to Material, obtain free Material, or in connection with other activities or services which may include interactive services.
6. We may also collect or obtain information concerning Users from Suppliers when Users redeem Vouchers or interact with a Supplier.
7. Users may be asked for their name, email address and other details as considered appropriate depending on how they wish to use the site and what we think we reasonably need.
8. Users may also visit this website anonymously. We collect personal information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users have the right to choose not to supply personal information in which case they may not have access to some activities on this website and may not have access to Material or be able to purchase our Vouchers for Products from Suppliers.
9. We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our site. Non-personal information may include the browser name, your type of computer (or other device, such as iPad or smart phone) and technical information about your means of connection to this website, such as the operating system and name of the internet service provider and similar information.
Our Suppliers may also use similar web technologies. You should consult their websites for details.
11. Whenever you use our services or view our content we may collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include details of how you used our services, details of telephone calls, SMS routing information, internet protocol address, device event information and Cookies that might uniquely identify your browser or your account with us.
12. We may use the information we collect to promote, enhance or supplement Material, to provide, maintain, develop and improve our services, and to offer you more Material to interact with you by email, to make suggestions to or raise queries with Suppliers or prospective suppliers about their Voucher Products or proposed Products and so on.
14. If you join any member site, community, forum (or similar), if any, on our website or interact in any webinars (or similar) the information you provide or contribute may be made available to other members (and non-members, including Suppliers) or prospective Suppliers, and you forego copyright and moral rights in that material.
15. We may disclose your personal information:
if required by law to do so
to detect, prevent or otherwise deal with any fraud, security or technical issues
16. We may share aggregated non-personally identifiable User information publicly with others (such as affiliate sites or Suppliers or prospective Suppliers) – for example, to show or compare trends about the general use of our website or the type or level of subscription for Material or its use or the purchase and redemption of Vouchers or concerning Products or prospective Products.
19. We may require verification of date of birth and age for Users who seek access to our Material or wish to purchase our Vouchers.
20. You may unsubscribe from our site at any time by accessing the unsubscribe link on any relevant communication.